Monday 23 April 2018

Sujebi 수제비 (hand torn noodle soup)

A trip to Seoul reminded me of those wonderful kimchi I have at home.

Since I can't bring my family to Korea, I shall bring Korea to them. So today, I am making Sujebi 수제비 (hand torn noodle soup).

Who can I rely on for Korea food?  Maangchi of course!  Her recipes are so reliable!  Don't you agree?



Findings: The broth is really tasty.  I added in more potatoes as my girl loves them.  She also finds it a little spicy so I shall attempt the non spicy some day.

This is something like our Min Hoon Kueh noodle soup.  Only thing is that kimchi and potato are added to it.  I shall try the non spicy version and see the difference between the korean and chinese.

Source

What you need:

Dough

280g plain flour
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
¾ cup water

Method:

Combine all ingredients together and knead until smooth.
(I used thermomix 3 min/knead)

Wrapped in a plastic bag and chill for ½ hour.

Stock

3½ cup of water
20g dried anchovies, head and gut removed
100g kimchi, chopped
2 tbsp kimchi juice
2 med potato, skinned and cut to chunk
½ onion, sliced
3 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp hot pepper paste

1 stalk green onion, sliced finely
1 tsp sesame oil

Method:

Combine water, dried anchovies, kimchi, kimchi juice, potato, onion and garlic.  Boil for 10 mins.

Add in hot ppepper paste, sesame oil.

Stretch and tear dough in while it is boiling. 

Remove anchovies and add in green onion.  Let it cook for 2 – 3 mins, cover.

Add in sesame oil and serve.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.