Monday 11 December 2017

Butterfly Pea Tea

The weather had been really great for my Butterfly Pea (Clitoria Ternatea) plants.  It has been blooming so well that I started to collect the flowers on a daily basis.  

Like green tea, Butterfly Pea Flower tea is full of potent antioxidants, and I read that it even has the ability to help protect the skin against premature aging.   Great for my age!

You can brew a big pot and drink it throughout the day or serve it cold on a humid day.



For some "magic", you can add a few drops of lemon juice and see how it turned into purple.




What you need:

10 dried Butterfly Pea flower
1 cup boiling hot water

Method:

Rinse flower, place into a cup and pour boiling water.  

Cover and let it seep for 10 mins.

You can add honey or drink it plain like I do.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.