Tuesday 27 June 2017

Herman Hokkaido Bread

It's been a while since I last use Herman starter for my bread and today I decided to wake up my Mr Herman.

Was thinking of which recipe to try and I thought a white loaf will be a better choice for my girl's tomorrow breakfast.

Then Hokkaido Bread that I first tried out in 2006 came to mind.  That was the first time I tried out Angie's recipe and it was a success. I love the texture and the taste as well.  

Since I have Herman on hand, I went on to incorporate it into this Herman Hokkaido Bread recipe.



Learning experience: 

The texture is so fluffy and rich in flavour.  I think my kid will like to enjoy with her favourite spread.

What you need:

190g bread flour
20g cake flour
120g Herman starter
20g fresh milk
70g whipping cream
30g egg white
15g milk powder
45g brown sugar
3g salt
12g butter

Method:

Mix Herman starter with fresh milk, whipping cream and egg white.  

Add to the bread flour, cake flour, milk powder, brown sugar and mix to form a rough dough.  Let it sit for 20 mins.

Knead until it is smooth and add in the butter and salt.  Knead till pass window pane stage.  

Remove and placed inside an oiled bowl.  Let it rest until double in volume.

Punch down and divide into 3 portions and roll out into a rectangle.  Roll it up.

Put inside a pull man tin and let it proof overnight until 80% full.

Preheat oven to 190°C and bake for 35 mins.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.